Thursday, February 09, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Well, it happened.  I Dared myself once again to do something out of my comfort zone.

Back in December, after coming back from Carenco, I heard that a Twitter friend from Longview was going to be in Houston at the end of Feb for some kind of training.......

 I commented back then, that when she came, I would meet her, and by her dinner.  Then I forgot about it.   A couple of weeks ago, she, Lena, reminded me, and I without hesitation said, sure, we are still on!


Thing is, I am a shy about all of this.
So, I have been thinking of a plan every since then, for us to somehow exchange pictures or whatever.  I mean, I am a, losing-my-hair, way-passed-my-prime forty-nine year old dude.   My real picture _IS_ on twitter, but, Lena's is not.   I kept thinking I should give her the ability to decline once she gets a look at me.

So, earlier last week, I thought about riding to Longview, and doing a "Lunch in _____" thing, and just have her meet me.  That way, if she decides that I am too old, too plain, whatever, there is no let-down when she gets here in Houston later on.

Yesterday, I put the plan in motion, and asked if she was willing, and (!) she said yes.

Then last night, she twittered that she was "quite excited" about Saturday.   I know, I am being vain in thinking that its about me.   But, having said that, it makes me doubly nervous.

 Stay Tuned.  I am turning the semi.  Change is afoot.


Namaste, My Friends.

See You On The Other Side.