Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ever hear the one about never sign anything that you wouldn't be willing to see on and 11 X 17 poster in Court.....

So, today was my first day in court. The judge said yesterday that when this trial was over, we would have a new appreciation for the American Legal System.

She was wrong. It only took about 4 hours of lawyers droning on in court. Trust me, this was not TV lawyers at all. No flowery speeches, no witty comments, no judges threatening "contempt of court" every 5ish minutes.

Then they drug out dictionaries, state ethical postings......Rules, guidelines and policies.

Holy Cow. I now officially hate lawyers again. I had begun to believe that they were working in a noble profession, and were just ridiculed, and parodied. I now know why they are parodied and ridiculed.

Court today was a ridiculous experience. Asking questions like "what does meticulous mean?" .

I cannot get into the details at all, but, I am feeling sympathy on both sides.

Since I am not sure of my audience, I do not know who might be reading this drivel, I hope that I as I blog my general thoughts of the next two weeks goings-ons, you all are entertained.

That's right, 2 weeks about termites. Termites. I watched the Discovery channel special about termites, and trust me, all you need to know about termites, you can know in a 1 hour tv show, scratch that......42 minutes. Then I saw the other show the exterminator, and I can go on for 42 more minutes on how to kill the little beggars.

So, stay tuned. We are on a merry-go-round for 2 weeks.