Thursday, August 18, 2011

Being in court

I have never actually been on a jury before this week. I have seen television shows about tem, laughed sen comedians joked about them, but this is te first time that I have sat in the chair. I am on a civil case, which means that it's not right and wrong, but my feeling about how things are that will rule the end of the day. Of course, because it's ongoing, I cannot give details. What I can talk about why I have once again decided that lawyers are thr ruination of this country. I know that is a broad statement, but honestly, we are listening to lawyers talk about the meaning of regulatory laws, and licensing laws, and whether the admonishment on the bottom of a form is enough warning, if tho Gs go wrong. Trust me, as I have said before, this is not court like you see on television, this is court where President Clinton once famously stated "it depends on what your definition of is IS". I am sickened, and saddened by the process. I hope the defendants get some ki d of relief, but frankly, I don't feel sorry that they screwed up. I am starting yo enjoy writing again. :)