Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Presents, and Lists, and "OMG Why Did I Do That?"

So, in the Twitter world, there are lots of people that have "WishiLists", from any of a dozen online websites, like Amazon and Victoria Secrets.

Usually, you are unaware of the fact, until one of two things happen, one the person says something like "Make me feel special, and buy me something from my wishlist!", with the attending link that takes you to the page where said person has spent many minutes, and sometimes hours, clicking on things that are for sale, and then clicking "Add to My Wishlist".  The other one is that you notice the aforementioned link in a profile, or the person's home page, and wherever.  (To be fair, some people just publish the list, and don't "advertise" it, except for the link on a twitter profile or the like.)

Amazon is probably the biggest purveyor of this sillyness, because they enable you to create the list, and then add a shipping address, and make it hidden so that the folks that buy the gifts, cannot also get a home/shipping address.   There are some Real Bad Creeps out there, and, by-in-large the "Wishlist creators" are models/webcam girls/adult performers/etc, so, while they would love gifts, they don't want "Joe Dirt-Bag" to be waiting for them when they come home.

I try, I really do, to stay away from wishlists.

The reason I try is because I think it is way-pervy to buy clothing/shoes/computers/artwork, you name it, for a person that you will never meet.

Don't get me wrong, there is usually a quid-pro-quot from the model/camgirl/adult performer.  If, for instance you send them an outfit, they will usually send you a picture of them in said outfit.  Sometimes they send out signed 8X10 photos, and I have even seen some that send out dvd's of some movie that they were in.

But, I am not sure that I would want my daughters to participate in this "present exchange", because it has the "veneer" of being a little sleazy.

But, I have to admit, I have succumbed to the the Siren Song of a few folks' Wishlist, and have turned into "that guy" that buys things for girls.   Yes, I admit, I am kind of a sick pervert.

The first thing I ever bought, was a simple laptop mouse for someone I followed on Twitter.   I did not get any kind of return gift, and I later found out this particular model believed that it was a "donation" to her, and that nothing in return was expected.   Then I really got schooled on her, and a lot of models who believed that it was their god-given right, because they were pretty, that people should just shower them with gifts.  I have people in my Twitter timeline all the time that they describe as their "Money slaves", and "jewelery slaves" etc, and they chortle (as much as they can in text on a screen), about how they are just raking it in.

The next thing that I purchased was two dresses, for a model that lives in Arizona.  I was asked what I wanted in return when she received them, and I simply asked for a picture of her wearing the dresses.  To which she replied, "OOOooo, how about I send something Naughty?" to which I replied that a simple pictue, without the "naughty" was the only thing that I wanted.   I Never got any picture.  But she did say thanks.

Then, I stepped up my stupidity, and bought two "club outfits" for a porn star based in central Florida, with enormous breasts, that I just wanted to bury my face in.  (Yes, I was thinking with the wrong head again).  C (don't have permission to use her name, so, that's all you get), sent me an email, and asked what I wanted, and I said, as before, just a picture of you in the outfit.  I got a whole series of pictures, from nice to naughty.   after looking at them one time, I felt the "sleazy old perv" mode falling around me, and never looked at them a second time.    Two weeks later, I deleted both sets.   The only cool thing is that I was able to start a back-and-forth exchange via email, and while we are not friends, or even acquaintances, I don't feel like such a perv anymore.

For many months after that, I was able to resist the siren call of wishlists.  In fact, I started to get my old mojo of "only perverts buy stuff for girls, in hopes of seeing body bits" back, and I was happy about that.

Then December came, and the run to see Prinzzess in South Louisiana happened, and all that went with that.  I blame the elevated testosterone for the fact that I obsessed about the girl for several weeks.  I mean, depending on if you believe IMDB, or what she told me directly, she is still the same age as my own kids (23 or 26), and there is never going to be the chance for me to "get near that".  I know this with both heads.  But, (and you knew that was coming), the week before Christmas, I saw a link on her profile that talked about presents.......and Holy Cow, she had selections from Victoria Secrets.   I am pretty sure I blogged about the actual event of me buying the stuff, and having it sent to her PO box.

 Because she was traveling/performing over the holidays, and because VS took a week to ship them, she has not to my knowledge, received the gifts.  But, what if she asks what I want in return.  I do not know how to answer that, and I am afraid that if I receive something back, it will make me fall back into "sleazy old perv mode" again.

But wait, There's More!

Last week, while "drunkish" I stumbled on another model's wishlist, and stupidly bought stuff.   She doesn't know yet......the stuff might arrive in a week.

So, I said all that to say this.   I am a Sleazy Old Perv.  I also hate that I am one.   I am going to work really hard, from now on, to make sure that I do not do this again.

I am the only one that can make shame work on me.   Let's go back to the stated goal of following folks on Twitter to talk and converse, and share in the occasional salacious pic.


Namaste My Friends.

See You On The Other Side.