Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lesson's Learned

Interesting thing about the "I Miss My Motorcycle" post, previous to this one.

My words got back to the folks at the motorcycle shop. 

I am not upset about that, because, as I say in the header at the top, I know this is posted on the open internet, and as such, anyone with a browser/keyboard, and internet connection can get to it.

I would like to think that my words will help the folks there at the place, in helping future customers, (including, I Hope, myself, as I am still not sure they would want me back) deal with delays and the like.

 All the things that happened were not things that they had any control over at all.  In fact, if you really critically think about it, no one, but the supplier had any control, and they apparently did what they could to provide what I needed.

 After all, I am riding a 2003 model bike.  One that BMW no longer even builds (and hasn't since 2005).  So, like the 1998 Triumph I had just prior to getting She, parts are going to increasingly be a problem.

 So, let that be a lesson to you folks.  Just because you use your blog to "vent", doesn't mean that the objects of your venting will remain unaware of it.

 Am I sorry that I posted it.  NO
 Do I wish that I could retract it?  NO
 Do I hope that the folks at the shop will use it as a teaching experience?  YES

So, there you have it.   Words Mean Things, and Actions Have Consequences.   I got butt-loved by those facts.   I have learned my lesson, and I will heed my own advice in the future.

Namaste, My Friends.

See You On The Other Side.  :)