So, Wednesday, June the 20th finally arrived, after months of waiting, and I was off to San Antonio, TX, and more specifically Fiesta Texas.
The previous evening, I had dropped She off at the shop to get some maintenance done, while I was on vacation. As an sidebar, let me quickly say that things are not going to be typical on this visit. Almost at the moment that I had picked up the rental at the airport, I got call from the shop that the "temp" light problem was probably not an "easy fix". I have since found out the the water pump (which also pumps the oil), had a shaft seal fail, and as a result, oil pushed into the coolant side, contaminating the coolant, and turning it into milk chocolate goo in the radiators.
Sigh, it just never seems to end. The Fates must be laughing....... "Look, we will make it so that he can see Prinzzess while he is there on vacation, but, let's really screw up She. :(
So, moving on, I got up early on Wednesday, and headed out. Had to make a stop on the way out. This was to the House of Pies, to get me a Strawberry-Rhubarb pie. Because I get to ride in the HOV (the bus lane) on the freeway, I neglected to properly account for how long it would take to get there. But, I had plenty of fluff built into the schedule, and I was on vacation, so no sweat.
Got to the House of Pies on Westheimer, and walking in, noticed that the pie rack was looking kind of bare......I asked, and sure enough, they were all out of the pie that I wanted. But, the guy behind the counter was real nice, and he offered to call the other House of Pies, on Kirby, and see if they had any, because I told him that I was traveling to Austin, and so could not wait for the pies that were being cooked to finish, AND, sure enough, they DID! Now, there is only 4 miles between places, but they are all surface/neighborhood streets and so, it took about 20 minutes to get there.
So, I got the whole pie, pluse two single pieces, one for me (which ate while driving on the freeway!), and one for my Friend That Dances, Prinzzess Felicity Jade. So, now, Off I go to Austin, because that is where Prinzzess is coming in from her previous gig.
While on the road, I received a text from her that she had made the first flight, and was waiting to board the second, and would see me in Austin. I arrived in Austin about 40 minutes before the revised flight time, (flight was 15 minutes late). So, I tried to find parking, and the only parking there was was long term, way the heck out into BFE parking), I tried to find some close in, but the garage, and close in lot were packed like Japanese Commuters into the train.....
So, I found the cell phone lot, and text Prinzzess to let me know when she was landing so that I could get to the departure driveway soon after that.....Licking the pie residue from my styrofoam box, then throwing it away, I waited about 20 minutes.
Finally, getting the text, I started circling. Third circle, I was able to slip in by the curb, and getting out and opening the trunk was able to fool the security dudes that were patrolling like crazy. Seems that you are not allowed to do what I was doing any longer.....
Finally, here she comes, and if you know Prinzzess, she travels heavy! Two large rolling cases (with airline warning stickers that says HEAVY), a smaller case, her laptop case, her pillow, and of course, what I call her "traveling hat".
I loaded stuff in the trunk and helped her into the car, and away we went. Heading towards San Antonio, I found out where I was taking her, and plugged that into the GPS and we headed out. It is about 90 miles, and the trip went quickly with us catching up, and figuring out where I was supposed to be taking her.
Arriving in San Antonio, there were these weird showers happening, into the rain, out of he rain, over and over, it was weird.
Arriving at her Hotel, I helped get the bags up, and then found mine, after which, I found the pool. The hotel is nice, and not far from Six Flags, which is my reason for being here. Hanging out at the pool for an hour and a half, I then went back and napped, then ate at the hotel food place, and started thinking about how to get back to Prinzzess, so I could help with her bags, and getting her to the club.
Turns out, that was super easy, and so we arrived. She had her first dance at 8:00 and the next one was at 10:00.
Her first show was in her All Silver, lots of dangling, outfit.
Coming out on stage, It was classic Prinzzess. Big beautiful Smile, lots of seductive glances, and flirts, and, well, typical Prinzzess. The crowd was a little slow to warm up, but, they seemed to step up quickly, and soon, garments were being discarded, and tips were flying through the air...
(We are not going to talk about my lack of ability to catch the music)
Prinzzess had several fans in the house that caused the tip money to rain down. Very fun. It seemed like it was over too quickly, but, I did have that blackout thing happen, and money in my hand disappeared.....so, perhaps, it was just me.
Between dances, she was very busy greeting fans, signing stuff, and having pictures taken. I think a lucky couple of fans got some very long, and nice lap dances.....
The second dance of the night, the crowd was much better, and she appeared on stage in her army camo. I've said it before, and I will say it again here.....No one can make Camo look good, except Prinzzess.
This time, she did the water in the squirt bottle, and squirt guns, and the crowd was really into it. To say she was soaked was an understatement.
For the meet and greet portion, after her on stage appearance, she was very busy the rest of the night, and many fans went away with huge grins.
It was a very fun night I am glad that I got to see her again. This will be my last road trip for a while to see her, as she is not close, and I heard that She is in very bad shape, so, more money is going to have to be spent than anticipated.
Tomorrow, I will be going to the park, and she is going to accompany me. We'll have some fun for sure. But, I also want to write about something that I observed, that she doesn't even know what a "rukus" her presence causes around her.....
More on That tomorrow.
Shalom.
Namaste, My Friends
See You On The Other Side.