I was looking at the calendar, and find that today is 1 JUNE 2012. Or, the beginning of the sixth month of 2012.
June the first is the beginning of the end for 2012.
So many things have changed for me this year. In fact I was speaking to my next door neighbor, and he commented that he had noticed in the past few months that things were different for me. He is not the first to say that.
And yet, inside, I still feel the same. Yes, I have done some "wild and crazy" things (at least, wild and crazy in my world), but for the most part, that old saying of "no matter where you go, there you are" is still in play for me.
Things to ponder, when I have nothing else to do.
But, Update for Roller Coaster trip. I have received the official vacation approval, and I have received my pre-purchased Fiesta Texas tickets, and parking passes.
The plan is to take a nice ride to San Antonio, on Wednesday the 20th, and just hang out by the pool at the hotel. The hotel is still a little in the air, because of the fact that I had to spend some of my "vacation money" to fix the bike this week, 250.00 for a fan for the right side radiator fan, and 200, for a new tire that I stuck a huge screw into. I know that my riding on the shoulder of the road, when I thought the bike was overheating is the reason for the flat tire. My Stupid Fault. I Own That.
But, I have a little side money stashed, and I have the stuff I've saved for the park and what-not, so, I'll be okay.
I am working on a deal, where I can trade some services for services that should help with the hotel. Will know next week. But, I am proceeding like it is done.
My first day in the park will be Thursday the 21st, and I will try to be there when they open. My plan is to only go until it gets HOT, which I suspect means that I will be out of there by 3:00. Then shower, and pool the rest of the day.
Friday, will probably be the same, ride the coasters I didn't get to ride the day before, and re-ride those that I liked the previous day. Ten in the morning until three in the afternoon again.
Originally, (back when I planned the whole trip out, I was going to go to Sea World on Saturday, as there were a few coasters there, and I've never seen that park, or Shamu for that matter. However, I think with the bike repairs, I am out of luck for being able to go there. Tis' Okay. Next time.
The only thing that will save me is if I can borrow the Scion Xd that my daughter normally drives, so I do not have to rent a car. That frees up 300 bucks, and if that happens, Sea World is a go.
And since this is a way to remind myself later, I am going to write about an exchange that I had with my best friend this morning. If you are not me, and reading this, you might not understand, as I am just going to write it the way I remember it.
So, TV IM'ed me this morning and asked about my trip to San Antonio, and the roller coasters. I started to go on and on, because I was excited, an then he asked me the question "Is Prinzzess involved?". Now I just got mad. I consider him to be a friend, and as such, I give him a lot of leeway when it comes to giving me crap.....But that just burned me.
So, here is the truth. While I was in Alburquerque, NM., ostensibly to see Prinzzess dance, I figured out that I was not going to have the money to go on the week-long trip to Destin, FL, mostly because I had been to Tampa, and ABQ......So, in trying to come up with a "summer vacation" trip, I decided that since I had finally lost almost all the weight that I wanted to lose, that I would be able to ride roller coasters again. The last time that I tried to do that, I was denied several rides, because they were not able to latch the lap bar down. I was/am so embarrassed by that memory.
I knew Prinzzess was coming to Houston in May, so, going in May would be a problem.
Then I decided that I was going to go in June. Coming back from ABQ, I found out that Prinzzess was going to be appearing in San Antonio on the same week, and as I have written in the past, thought that perhaps the Fates had given me a little reward, and given me a "two-fer" vacation. However, unlike when I saw her in Houston, I am not going to try to hang out with her all the time.
Back to the IM from this morning. He implied that perhaps I was being, I don't know what the word is to use there, Shame, stupid, silly, as I said, I don't know. But I could tell he was either a) giving me crap, or b) he thought he was trying to help me by shaming me....
I blew him off, and went about my day, until, while writing this entry, he started another IM, and started by apologizing for angering me. Well, thanks a lot. Apologizing for angering me, is not the same as apologizing for sticking your nose in my business.
I have said this before, and I will say it again. I AM NOT HURTING ANYONE BY BEFRIENDING PRINZZESS. Not hurting ME, Not Hurting my kids. Not hurting my professional reputation. Not hurting HER. Yes, she makes most of her living by dancing, and taking off her clothes, and yes, she does adult XXX movies. But none of that makes a tinkers-dam when it comes to me making friends.
She has no interest in me, romantically, sexually, or any other -LY. She has expressed an interest in being friends, as have I, which is good.
Remember this. Friends sometimes are not. And, sometimes friends like to stick their disproving opinions into your business.
Shalom.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.