Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Making Plans to Jump out of a Plane, On Purpose - And, I am Paying for the Privilige

So, I have had on my list of things that I would like to do someday, to SkyDive.

That's right, jump out of an airplane, and fall at 120 miles per hour towards the ground, while strapped to a total stranger.

 I have talked about it before, and I have wished about it before.

 Today, I double dog dared myself.   That's right, this was a bigger deal than going to see Prinzzess that first time in Carencro.   I booked the ticket, and paid the extra to get the DELUXE video package.  I do not know what that entails, but, I mostly want it, so that I can prove to myself that I am brave enought to actualy go through with something that frankly terrifies me.  I am terrified of falling.  Not heights, not g-forces, none of that. 

Falling.


I hate it


But, I am going to do it.   5 minutes in freefall.  Then poof, parachute, and we land on the ground.

This is going down this Thursday, a little after noon, Houston time.


I am sure there will be a blog entry, and perhaps a picture or 5 for that event.


Shalom.

Namaste, My Friends.

See You On The Other Side (First two rounds are on ME!)

Deo Non Fortuna