So, in years past, I really screwed up my credit, because I didn't make payments on my Parents Plus loans (Think Student Loans, that the Parent pays), and closed two 401k's, and other fun stuff.
Most of this was because I became suddenly single in 2008. Oh, it's not like she set out to ruin me, in fact, she paid off a huge amount of debt that we had on an American Express Blue card before she left, and it took my closing out the 401k's from two previous employers to get Bubba finished with college, and pay down/off other bills.
Bottom line, the phone was ringing at my house all the time from various people that were trying to get money out of me. It took me nearly 5 years to "catch up", where I now make more than I spend every month.
During all these shenanigans, I lost all of my credit cards, either because I shredded them after paying them off, of because the actual creditor themselves took them from me. All except my Wells Fargo Mastercard. I kept that under the limit, and kept making payments, but of course, I never got it all paid off.
This past April, when I came back from Tampa, I noticed that the bank at increased the limit from the previous 10,000 to 12,500. After a couple of months of making double monthly payments, because I would really like to pay it off, and use that 500+ a month for a new motorcycle (!), I received a letter, and the bank had once again raised the limit. This time to 14,000.
Mind you, I never asked for any of the increases at all.
Then last night, I realized that I had gotten paid this past Friday, and so, need to pay mortgage, and credit card.
Logging into bank site, what do I find, they have increased the limit again. This time by 4000.00. I am perplexed.
I guess, in stepping back, and looking at this thing, I realized that I must finally be dragging out from under the bad cloud I was under, and if I am careful, will see then end of the tunnel soon.
This would be a cool thing.
Shalom.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.