So, Wednesday dawns, and I was a little late waking up. But, I am on vacation, so, who cares.
The only plans that I had were to pick up someone from the airport when their flight arrived at 3, and nothing else.
I spent part of the morning (which was cloudy and raining, and generally only good if you were a duck!) wandering around the hotel, I blogged a bit, and people watched.
Lunch time, I had a burger at the restaurant attached to the hotel. Apparently it is a popular place, because it was kind of packed with guys in slacks and ties. Ah, I do not miss that part of work at all. Probably the only good thing about working at a college, I can go to work in jeans every day.
After that, I hung out in the room until time to go, and when the flight was 10 minutes out, according to Delta, I headed out. Soon P's fan from New York was in sight, and we left for the hotel. I kind of got turned around leaving the terminal, and wound up looking like a dufus in front of a stranger...
But, after 3 u-turns, I figured out where the hotel was, and carrying the bag in to the front desk, I retired to get my first, then second, third, and well, I think I had 4 drinks....dunno. Doesn't matter.
After that, it was time for a nap, so, back to my room I went. The girl that I saw feature dance last week in Houston was here in Tampa, and I wanted to go see her in the place she called home, and so, I found the place, and while there were no corners, because the inside was built in a circle, I did find a more empty spot.
No alcohol served here, so I got a water, and a sugar free red bull, and settled in. Sheesh the girls in this place were relentless, one after the other coming to me and giving me the pitch to join them for a dance. Of course, as is usually my luck, the girl that I came to see, was not there when I arrived, even though earlier she had said she would be there at that time.
So, since I had paid the $20 to get in, I figured I would wait for a while. While waiting, I drank two bottles of water, and two redbulls. Then a weird thing happened, probably because of the two redbulls, I started to tingle, and I could feel the hairs on my arm. Very freaky.
It was then that I realized that I was coming down from being drunk, which meant that I had driven to the club, well, drunk. Bad Lee. You know better.
As I was sitting there berating myself for the revelation, and thinking about leaving, wouldn't you know it, Eve shows up. The place is too small to avoid her, so, I just sat for her dance, spoke to her for a few minutes, and while she was off trying to entice money from the other patrons, I scooted out.
The ride to the hotel was quick, and I took a short shower, and fell right to sleep.
I woke up once during the night, thinking that I heard someone yelling, but, after I shook the cobwebs out, I realized there was no sound at all.
I had a back and forth conversation with P's friend from Cali, and then I drifted off listening to the dance music channel on Pandora. But not before I considered what to do on Thursday.
I Think, maybe I will go to the Amish place for lunch. Miz I just responded back that she wanted to go as well,
And, if we play our cards right, we all get to see P tonight! Wooo...
Shalom
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.
Deo Non Fortuna.