So, Thursday!
Wow this was a very busy day. My plan was to go to Sarasota, and eat at Yoder's Amish Restaurant, and get some pie.
But, a funny thing happened that really surprised me. I had received a few text in the morning that Miz was needing to go to the drug store, so, I agreed to take her.
Then while that was going on, I got a series of DM's from P's friend that lives in LA, and turns out she had flown in the night before, and was planning a surprise for P. So very cool.
So, next thing I know, she is standing in the lobby, and we are talking, I told her that I was taking Miz to the drug store, and she wanted to go as well to get some supplies to get her through the week.
About this time, Miz comes down, and I introduce the two, we get in the car, and off we go, with instructions from the hotel desk clerk.
While getting the stuff, I invited P's friend to the Amish place, but she declined. Soon after, Miz and I left for the restaurant, and the GPS said that it should take about an hour, and sure enough, that's what it took.
Getting there, I discovered that it was a small, simply furnished building. Sitting down with the menu, I discovered a picture of their house specialty, Fried Chicken! I was instantly transported to my youth, and Mom's chicken.
This is what I like to call the Oh My God moment. The chicken was so good, and is DID taste like I remember Mom's to taste like. I also had the mashed potatoes and gravy, and fried okra. Just outstanding! There is no other word at all.
Then came the moment of truth, Dessert.
Many folks had told me I needed to try the Peanut Butter pie. So, even though I knew that I wouldn't eat it all, I ordered. Also, I told the very nice Amish lady that I wanted a Strawberry-Rhubarb to go, so that I could take it to P when she arrived later in the day. We had all received a text telling us that she was inbound. We also wound up buying a Apple Crumb pie because Prinzzess said she was craving some, and neither Miz nor I could "just say no!"
Soon, with to-go boxes in hand, and boxed, whole pies, Miz and I headed back to Tampa, with rain chasing us the entire way, however we made it back with no issues, and found out that Prinzzess was limping on a flat to walmart to get it fixed, and would be late in Tampa.
When we got back to the hotel, I texted P's friend, and we met at the bar, and had a few. She is very nice, but, for me has the same issue with me talking that Hobbit does, and that is that I am too loud. I tried, I really did, to tone it down, but, I guess I just have that "pitch" that drives her crazy. Like Hobbit.
There were some, what I can only describe as "Prinzzess Shenanigans" afoot that apparently I was one of the few involved with, although at the time, I thought that many folks were involved. I was asked to make a call, and so I did, walking out side the hotel to do it, and after making the call, I came back into the hotel, and I see one of the sisters, and then, I saw P! Well, she saw me first, called my name, to which I jumped! But, apparently not as much as P jumped when the friend revealed that she was here, totally surprising Prinzzess.
For a few minute there was a lot of laughing, and smiling, and then P had to run off, and do her meetings, and stuff.
Soon, we all had to go back to our rooms, and get ready for the first nights activities at the first club. The club was located right next door, and so the joke was we wouldn't have to worry about DUI, because all we had to do is walk back to the hotel, across the parking lot.
Soon, 10:00 PM, the designated time to meet downstairs, and I was a few minutes early, So I took a seat, in the lobby, and watched the parade of beautiful people in their "nearly there" club clothes. Lots of skin, and lots of imagination was on parade.
Soon here comes P, and all the folks with her, and the Miz and finally P's friend from Cali, and off we went to the club.
I had purchased tickets to all the clubs/venues online way in advance, and was told there was not really a printed ticket, so I didn't print anything. To be "safe" I downloaded the app, and then made sure my confirmation was listed. Fast forward to Thursday night, we get to the door, and P, and her group are all admitted right away because they have laminated hang cards. Of course, my stuff, and Miz's stuff are not listed at all. But, P, took someone aside, and the next thing we know, we are handed hang cards, and we flowed in like we were part of the group!
Getting it, the place was packed. No, packed doesn't really cover it. it was more than packed.
It took 20 minutes and 25 dollars, to get 2 drinks and a bottle of water. And I was standing at the bar!
Oh well, I always wondered what it would be like to be in a loud, bumping club filled with beautiful people, in beautiful clothes, and tonight, I got it. It was like being in that dance scene in the Second Matrix movie.
I saw Lexi Bell up close, and Aiden Ashley was right next to her. The weird thing? I was 5 feet away, and she just looked through me, like I was invisible. Ususally when that happens I think "well you ARE the old guy in the club!", but tonight there were plenty of fellows in my age range, so perhaps, I am invisible.
Then there were others that I follow on Twitter, and I was amazed to see them "in the flesh" I saw Eve Banks again, and she came over and spoke to me for a few minutes wrapping her arms around me, and making contact, and for, I don't know, maybe 10 minutes made me feel like I was the only thing that she was paying attention to. And the conversation, nothing big deal. I asked her how work had been the night before, and she admitted that she had to stay to close to get everything she needed. Then there was a lot of small talk.
She has all the makings of a Prinzzess type affliction on me. Must be careful.
But, interestingly someone that was I the group with me, noticed the interaction, and so I was questioned carefully later about it. Not in a bad way, but, that they were surprised by me. Hey what can I say, Eve's a pretty lady. And when she looks right straight into your eyes, and doesn't look away, well, I liked it, and I was going to hang onto that for as long as I can.
Because of the car issues coming in, Prinzzess cancelled her dance that was scheduled for this night, and we kind of sat around, and looked and talked. There was a funny picture of me and Prinzzess with this GIANT glass champagne bottle taken. (Check @Prinzzess twitter feed, if you want to see it....Once again, I have a stupid look on my face...)
I think we were there for maybe 3 hours, and then, because Prinzzess had a long day with the car and what-not, then decided to go back to the Hotel.
Then, I did my part in the top-secret Prinzzess shenanigans, and went to my room.
I think I took a shower, and waited for the "stuff" to happen (sorry, I cannot be precise about this. This was private Prinzzess business, and I found out later, I was only 1 of 3 people that knew what was going on.)
When I met back up for the last time, I handed Prinzzess the pies, and ran back for the room, and fell asleep.
Friday morning was coming early, because I was supposed to jump out of the airplane, and I knew I would need some rest.
So ends Thursday. I know as I write this, it is Saturday afternoon, and it is possible that I missed something, but I think after re-reading, editing, and what-not, everything is there.
Remember. Don't Forget.
Shalom.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.