Thursday, November 08, 2012

My Neighbor, His Dog, and What I did about it.

So, my interesting story of the day from yesterday, involves a neighbor, and her dog, an adolescent Pit Bull.  Dog is pretty.  White with Grey spot, and blue eyes.

But for some reason, dog hates my motorcycle.  Like runs at it to attack it.

 Spoke to owner of house where dog comes from.  She claimed, on three different occasions that the dog was not hers, and that she wouldn't/couldn't do anything about it.

 For the last several weeks, the dog has just come close, and bark, and the "go away" shout usually worked to make hit go away.  The last week, nope, he's getting braver by the day.  Yesterday, as I was backing bike out of the garage, he ran to me, snarling, and barking and I really was hoping that my motorcycle gear would protect me.  I rode away, went to BestBuy, and then, coming home, dog was out, and came up and did his bit again.

NOTE:  Homeowners are usually out when I see dog out, this day was no different.

 So, I went in, opened garage, and getting on bike, started it, and the dog charged across two yards to do his thing again, this time, getting so close, that his snout actually touched my leg.  I turned off the motorcycle, and looked over at homeowners, no one was looking towards me, or anything, and I, in a fit of anger, walked into my garage, and grabbed my shovel, and walking into my yard, where dog was still snarling, attempted to hit dog.  I missed.  Dog now shut up.

 I swung and missed again, and now the dog has stiffened his legs, and was moving towards me.  Before I could swing what I hoped was the third, and killing blow on this dog, two dudes from the house that "don't own the dog" ran over to get it.

 I told the guy that I was no longer going to tolerate that dog chasing/growling/getting close to me.  He was like "Okay", "okay" "Okay".

 I feel bad that it had to resort to me threatening to kill a stray dog that was on my property, to cause the owners to do something about it, but, such is life.

 Perhaps now, I won't be bothered any more.  Or, I really will have to kill the dog and dispose of its body.

 Let's see what happens next.


Shalom.

Namaste.

See You On The Other Side.