So, despite everything, is appears that most of us made it through 2012. Sure, some of us lost loved ones, some famous people passed on, a lot of "not famous" but still important to those that loved them, passed on, and of course there were Tornadoes, and Hurricanes, volcanoes, tsunami's, and finally, man's inhumanity towards man.
For the immediate future, I need to conserve my money, get the clutch replaced in She, and then after that, perhaps, I can begin, again, my current obsession of going to see my friend that dances, wherever she appears on the road.
Although, looking at her public calendar, she hasn't scheduled many feature dancing this year so far. Looks like I might have to travel to the Northeast (but, not while it is cold!) to get my best shot at seeing her.
Looking forward, which is the only real smart thing that we can do, because, you can't change what has already happened, I realize that I am fixing to come upon that great line in the dirt that I visualized back 3 years ago, this month, the 5 year anniversary that the great love of my life, left. I have blogged about this previously, and will not bore myself by reminding myself of all the specifics, because, well, they are in the past. I cannot turn back the hands of time, and I cannot get her back in my life, and even if I did, it wouldn't be the same.
Still not planning on pursuing a relationship of any kind, despite many folk recently deciding to take it on themselves to tell me that my lifestyle isn't healthy, and that sequestering myself the way I am is not healthy, I just cannot envision any scenario where I trust someone again.
So, raise up your glass, whatever you are drinking, and toast today, and hope that tomorrow is just like today, or a little better! Salud!
If, however, life hands you a box of rocks, try not to carry them around too much. Unload that crap, and start moving forward again. Remember the lessons that the past has taught you, and strive (which means, work REALLY HARD, to accomplish your goal) to move away from the box of rocks on your way to something different.
Different doesn't mean, better, necessarily, but different.
I hope for those that might be going through trying times, right now, that you look around, and start working to move forward, away from the tough times. There are a lot of things that will try to hang on and try to mess up your days, but, remember this, as I do, from those dark days in the past.
YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT, AND ALLOW THOSE BAD THINGS INTO YOUR LIFE TO GIVE THEM POWER OVER YOUR LIFE.
Who Knows, perhaps, I will spend all of my vacation days this year, going to see Prinzzess dance.
That would be a very cool year.
2013 is here folks. Let's make it a good one.
I Love You All.
See You On The Other Side.