Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Quick Post about the phone call I received yesterday

After the disappointment of my employer deciding that I was not valuable enough in my position to reward with even a measly 3% raise, I decided that I would be a little more diligent about following up with the various recruiters that call me from time to time, and see what might be out there.

Late last Friday, I received a call from someone that placed me in a job previously, wondering how things were going with my current gig, and would I want to entertain looking at new possibilities. I thought about it over the weekend, and gave her a call yesterday. She has a pretty great opportunity, and the kicker, it is about 5 miles from home.

I updated the resume, and sent it off to her last night, so, hopefully, I will hear back from them. I have applied there before, and not received a call back.

Money-wise, it would be a good bump. Opportunity-wise, I think it would get me out of the crap that I am in now, where we won't even TALK about standing up Exchange 2010 for another 2 years....

Holding myself in check. Watch, and be patient.