Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Final Update on Job Thing from last week.

So, after a miscalculation from the recruiter at BHI, I finally did my phone screening last Wednesday morning. Frankly, I thought I killed it, and was pleased that the recruiter said she was going to pass my resume along to the hiring manager.

I passed that information along to the recruiter at RHT, and went about my week. Friday, while I was at an event for my Nephew (more on that in the next post.....), I received a call from the recruiter that BHI had contacted her about the position, and that it had been closed.

So, back to square one. The recruiter really wants me to allow her to send my resume to a insurance outfit here in Houston, that I have interviewed at before, and that a friend has worked at before, and I was told was not a very good place to work. I mean, Charles was working 6 days a week and 13 hours a day. If that is the norm, then, what is the "extraordinary"?

I looked at the job description, and it appears that it is a "wear all the damn hats" in the organization job. My recruiter says that it is an "Exchange" position, but, there is a lot of "build, maintain and deploy servers, desktops, etc" in the description, and "second level help desk" stuff. Certainly, not what I would call Sr System Admin. stuff.

So, I may screw myself with RHT, but I think I am going to pass for now.