Saturday, November 05, 2011

It's My Birthday weekend

Usually, birthdays, at least since I became and adult are filled with disappointment. Oh, don't get me wrong, they were not all bad, but, for the most part, they were average at best.

Friday, while sitting at the office listening to everyone weigh in on the new rules at the office (which I don't feel like writing about), my Ex IM'ed me to tell , me that she was getting married.

Frankly, I don't know why she would tell me in the first place, but, my ex, who can find a car in a stadium parking lot, knows which way north is without looking around, has a terrible time with dates. Yes, Dates.

So, at first I thought that her timing of telling me 2 days before my birthday was just malice on her part. Now, I think that she just forgot, and thought I needed to know about her getting married as soon as possible after setting the date. (However, I did not want, or need to know, she is not part of my life anymore, and I will be double-damned sure to not offer a blessing, or opinion of any kind about it.)

Well, even though I knew that she was never coming back, and further, did not want her to come back, this decision of her's to tell me 2 days before my birthday has pushed this birthday into the suck category.

Thanks Raen. You should have just waited for me to fall asleep, and stabbed me in the heart with a long tined fork, or ran over me.

I have decided that I cannot maintain the pretense of friendship anymore.

namaste. See you on the other side.