Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Morning

So, finally this week, I asked an online friend, (Twitter friend JenDoexxx) if she would be interested in meeting in real life.

A very bold move on my part, because I am not good with meeting strangers.  But the move is a measured one on my part, because Jen is not a person that could be interested in me, well, sexually, because she's not into guys.

I really want to develop new friendships, and acquaintances.  And as Momma used to say, you can't have a friend unless you are a friend.

I was able to figure out from the exchange that followed that she isn't into meeting strangers too much, so, she asked for time to get used to the idea.

Either way at this point, it is kind of a victory.  Even though I asked via direct messages, instead of having to speak it.  Baby steps.  It's a victory because I was able to ask.

Somehow, I doubt that things will work out that we meet, perhaps because of the meeting a stranger, perhaps because I am a guy, and she isn't into guys or perhaps, she is as shy as I am.

I just realized, as I was typing that last paragraph, that Jen knows about this blog, and has told me she like reading it.  So, if you are reading this, Hi.  I mean no disrespect blogging about this, I am just chronicling life so that I can remember later.

Anyway, I am hopeful that things work out.  Having a new friend would totally rock.

Namaste, My Friends.

See You On The Other Side.