So, yesterday, like a bolt from the blue, It suddenly hit me.
Prinzzess is going to be in Houston Next Week.
In My Town. I mean, I "knew" that she was coming, of course, but, up until yesterday, it had been "she's coming in May" kind of thoughts.
Yesterday, I realized that, 1) May was here and 2) Her time here, is next week.
So, late last week, through a series of twitter posts, Prinzzess asked if I would take her to the House of Pies here in Houston while she was here. I of course said yes. Then yesterday, I realized the I was the metaphorical dog chasing the metaphorical car, and had caught he car. Now what?
I have to say, it is scary. I mean, what if I say the wrong thing, or drool, or grab her in an inappropriate way?
But, while sitting there thinking about this yesterday, I suddenly had the thought......
WHAT IF I VOLUNTEERED TO DRIVE HER AROUND WHILE SHE WAS HERE?
I know that this is a long shot thing to happen, but, look at my record of late with long shots coming through when it comes to Prinzzess.
Of course, I would have to get a car somehow for the time that she was here, as she is scared of motorcycles, and plus, I am sure that she travels with a crap-ton of stuff. I was thinking that TommyV could loan me the Trailblazer, or I could just rent something.
But, before you get to that I would need to ask, and she has to say yes. Think about it Lee. You Are The Old Guy At The Club.
So, I asked, on Twitter, the folks that I call "my fellow Prinzzess fan club members" what they thought about it. Not surprisingly, I got the answers that figured I would get, which went something like, "Go for it, the worse she can say is NO." It was pointed out that the club might be responsible for security and driving her to the club.
So, after thinking about it last night, and a little this morning. I think I am going to DM her today, before she leaves for her vacation, and allow her to think about it.
I Mean, Dad used to always tell me "The worst that they can say is No, they can't eat you." So, even if she says no to the driving around thing, she still wants to go to the House of Pies, and maybe the fancy cupcake place.
I am officially entering into, as the characters used to say on Caesar III, "Big Fear" territory.
But, wouldn't it make for a grand adventure if she said yes? Oh yes, you know it would.
UPDATE #1 - SHE SAID YES! The Adventure Continues!
Peace to You All.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.