So, tonight, I sit here with the Barbie laptop, and ponder what the next few days are going to be like.
I am excited, and scared, and a whole range of emotions, that seem to be jumping around like crazy. None of which can be described, even with my very high vocabulary......
A friend text-ed me yesterday, and simply asked "What would you like to see happen?" A simple question, No? No, not at all.
But, I finally got the answers to the questions that I asked her week:
1) Q: So, last week when I volunteered to be your driver while in Houston, I was volunteering for the entire time you were here, was that what you agreed to? A: Yup.
2) Q: The Sisters and others that I have met when I traveled to see you, are they coming, how many? A: Its just me this trip.
3: Q: And lastly, do you have a preference about the car/truck/van? A:Doesn't matter to me at all....
So, I rented a Maxima. I love those cars, and haven't gotten to drive one since mine was totaled years ago. Plus, it is a "sort of nice" car...... I will try to get a picture for the blog tomorrow.
I am supposed to pick it up in the morning, however, I do not know yet when to pick her up, but, I am sure that I will get a DM in the morning. Bubba is going to come straight home, and take me back to the airport rental car center.
Work is as good as I could make it, and I am not going to think about it too much.
I do not know what kind of schedule I will have over the next three days, but, I am sure that I am going to have some downtime. So, I packed my workout clothes, and will spend that downtime at the Lifetime Fitness pool.....
Oh! One thing that I did do for myself this week, I have finally hit my "goal" weight, and so, Tuesday, I went to the western wear store, and bought myself my first new pants in a long while.....it seems funny to hear a guy talk about such things, but, honestly, I have lost 70+ pounds in the last 3 years. I went from size 42 pants, that were tight, to yesterday, for the first time in 20 years, I am again wearing 36x32 Slim-Fit, boot cut jeans! I am, as Squirmy used to say, super-excited.
So, having bought new pants yesterday, Today, I, bought a new, smaller-sized swimming suit, and a new orange shirt to go with it. This way, I no longer have to worry about my suit falling off at the pool at the fitness place.
Back to Prinzzess coming to Houston tomorrow. She will be appearing at Glamour Girls on Hempstead Highway. She is dancing two shows tomorrow, Four on Friday, and and four on Saturday. I hope that there is a bunch of people there, and that she makes a bunch of tips. I am not sure when she is leaving Sunday, but, my guess is that she is leaving early, as is her usually manner (at least, that is what I glean from reading her tweets and the like. It appears that her next gig is the Dance Competition in Atlanta.
I am planning to take her for Pie while she is here, as I promised. I will try to find out in the morning when I see her, (had to pause there after typing that........When I see her in the morning......), to see if she wants to do anything else while in Houston. We are kind of a crappy touristy place, but, there should be something an old guy hanging out with a beautiful girl can do, if they wanted to.
Back to the question that my friend asked me.....What would I like to see happen? I want to show her that I can be a trustworthy friend. And, that's the extent of the stuff in my head. Sure, I want to kiss her. And not like on the cheek, but, then I look in the mirror, and realize I don't bring much to the kissing party, and I am terribly out of practice...... Whew! Need to stop thinking about things that are not in the realm of possibility. What is in that realm, better friends, and sharing phone numbers.......
We shall see.
My blogging might be all over the place while she is here, since I may not have a lot of free time to sit down, but, what I am allowed, and what I am comfortable with, I will fill up space here.
For me, this night is like being strapped into the front car of the roller coaster, the bar has been snapped down, and the attendants have checked my belts, and the bar, and have are making the "thumbs up" signal to the guy with the GO switch. I am Tick-Tick-Tick'ing up that first hill.
My heart is beating audibly. My mouth is dry, and I keep closing my eyes, and imagining that rush as I head down that first hill......
I would say Pray for me.......but, it might be a little.......screw it.....Pray for me. I do not want to stare, drool, stammer, or do anything that might embarrass myself. I do not want to blow this chance.
Shalom.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side. (But, no drinks this weekend, precious cargo on board!)