So, Sunday morning, in the early morning hours, after packing up the rental with all the bags, and getting Prinzzess settled in for the ride to the airport, we left San Antonio, going North on I-35, towards Austin, TX.
We talked for a few minutes, mostly because I wanted to ask those questions that I spoke about previously. She gave me the answers, without too much conversation, and I could tell she was tired. She curled into her pillow, and pulling the red blanket over her, fell almost instantly asleep. Soon, the only sound other than road noise was her soft breathing as she slept.
Soon, for some reason, I noticed how bright the stars were, something that living in a big city, I don't get to see too often. With my earlier questions about religion, and beliefs, my mind wandered a bit, and I said a not so silent prayer of thanks to God for the great things in my life. I know, I had spent the previous 4 nights in a strip club, and it seems blasphemous to pray and say thanks, but, really, I am blessed, and as is my normal custom, when I think God needs to be thanked, I thank him, even if in this case, I was thanking him for allowing me to make friends with a nice person, and, yes, even thanking him for allowing me the ability to see her dance.
I will probably see this blog post one day on a big screen as God runs through my life, but, I know that God has already forgiven me for any wrong that I did. And any wrong that I might do in the future. That is the gift that his Son secured for me. Thanks again, God.
The ride to the Austin airport, was about an hour. It was completed in the aforementioned silence of road noise, and gentle breathing from my passenger that was resting. She had a long set of flights back home, I think there was at least one layover, and a plane change before she got home to south Florida.
Soon, even though I slowed the car from 75 to 70, to prolong the ride, we arrived at the airport. Stopping at the entrance for her airline, I gently touched her shoulder to wake her up. She is not one of these people that wakes up slow, and so within a minute we were out of the car, and I was unloading the bags. I think it was around 3:00 in the morning, and so, the airport was mostly closed, and dark. Walking to the automatic to door to be sure that she could get in, she started rolling her pile of luggage into the airport, one by one. There was an airport security guard close, that monitored us to be sure that we did not park, or leave the vehicle unattended.
With a hug, she thanked me for a good time, and for driving her to the places that she needed to go.
Sadly, I watched her walk away, knowing that for her, she was walking away from the fanatasy world that she weaves while she works, and back to normal life at home. I know that she has been away from home for the better part of 3 weeks, and was ready to be home. I remember those days, not so long ago, when I travelled 3 and 4 weeks in a row. After a while, you just get where you need to sleep in your own bed, and wear clothes that do not come out of a suitcase.
For me, watching her walk away, marked the end of the fantasy week for me as well. Now, I must return to the normal things that make up my life, and give up on the last bit of fantasy that was my life this past 4 months. Truth is, I do not expect that I will be seeing her any more this year. Turns out, that week of my birthday that she is scheduled to be in Tampa, well, she is hosting some kind of awards thing, and not dancing. I might surprise myself one weekend and dare myself to go see her in Pittsburgh, but, it won't be like this week was. Nothing will be like this week was.
I hope that we stay in touch, as I think that us being friends will be good for both of us. For my part, I put myself out there, and allowed that as a possibility, and I hope that she has for me as well.
I end this missive with this note: Other than skydiving, my bucket list is done. I am ready to be done.
Shalom.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side. (First two rounds, are on me!)
Swing by anytime. My Love To You All.