Why (for those that are reading this, that are not me)? Well, mostly because I treated this as a vacation first, and going to see Prinzzess second. Sacrilegious? You bet. But, the truth is that when I return to work next week, it is going to be some of the longest, most challenging time of my professional career, and because of this, scares me.
I scheduled this time off for that reason, so that could spend some quiet time away, turn off the brain, stop thinking, and recharge the batteries.
It just so happened to coincide with Prinzzess dancing at Blush, in Pittshurgh, PA.
(Okay, so I took a little license there. The planning of the trip revolved completely around her calendar, and I picked Blush because she always has told me that this is her very favorite club in the US)
So, several weeks ago, I worked with my airline ticket connection, and got booked on some standby tickets to Pittsburgh. Because I was able to get cheap/free tickets, I was able to stay in a fairly nice hotel just blocks away from the club itself.
I did not make any plans to "do" anything else while in town. In fact I commented to Bubba while traveling to the airport on Wednesday morning that I haven't ANY plans while there, except to watch Prinzzess dance, and perhaps hang out with her. I think, other than perhaps the Destin trip 2 years ago, it is the first time that I have done it that way. (EDITOR'S NOTE - As I edit this for him, I reminded him that OTHER than Destin, the only other time that I have made a similar trip was the first time that he went to see Prinzzess dance in Lafayette, LA). (EDITOR'S NOTE : Mustn't forget that we were originally going to go from Tuesday, through Sunday, but got scheduled for a "must go to" meeting on Tuesday, which was cancelled, MONDAY NIGHT, after I left the office. We Are Hating The Project Manager Right Now!)
So, Wednesday morning, I found myself at Intercontinental Airport, Terminal C, Gate 35. I knew from looking at the boarding list that I was more than likely going to be able to catch that early flight because the plane was not full by a long shot. Sure enough, within 15 minutes of arriving, the fate lady announced over the PA that she had cleared all the stand-by's, and we were to approach the desk. I got there 2nd, and the lady was like, "let's get you out of that middle seat", then asked if I wanted an aisle, or window, and like always, I asked for a window.
Soon, we were on the flight. Going into the plane, I noticed the WiFi symbol, and got excited that I would be able to read twitter, and such while on the plane. Of course, it wasn't free, but, 6.00 in the grand scheme of things, might as well be free...
I dozed as I always do for the take off part of the flight. Still unsure why I do that, but as soon as the cabin door closes, my brain goes, (SLEEP), and that is it. I normally wake up while the plane is still ascending to the cruising altitude, and today was no different.
The flight was 3 hours, and boring. I read the ol' twitter time line, and got caught up with it, and drank a soda, and looked out the window.
| ||
| I tweeted that this looked like a large "Bounce house" |
I punched in the address of the hotel into my phones maps/navigation, and headed to downtown Pittsburgh.
Knowing that Prinzzess was already there, but that she had danced the previous two nights, I did not text her that I had arrived. I got settled into the hotel, and sent a DM via Twitter that I was in town, know that she would see it when she got moving around. Very soon, I received a message back, and I walked down to her hotel, and met up with her. While we were catching up, she told me that she was going to WebCam that afternoon, and that perhaps afterwards we could do something.
(EDITOR'S NOTE : There should be some stuff in this space, about Prinzzess' web cam show that afternoon. We removed it. Why, well, as He has sort of discussed before, We are not a fan of the whole web-cam'ming phenom. He hates how fake it seems. He did watch a little, until she got her first private, and then just closed the window.)
We decided to go see a movie, and plugging the GPS stuff in, we headed out. We entered the highway, right at the height of rush hour, and what should have taken 10 minutes, took 50. Crazy traffic, and small capacity highways. We went and saw "The Call" which was a very good thriller with Halle Berry as the lead. The theatre was nearly empty, so, I snapped a picture.
![]() |
| Empty Theatre - That tan blob on the bottom left, Prinzzess! |
At the appropriate time, I was on a chair, waiting for her to come down, and soon enough here she comes. She never fails to take my breath away, and tonight was no exception. Her driver for the club met us out front, and we arrived at the club in about 23 seconds, yes we were that close.
Going into the club, we were taken into the old, tiny, hand-operated elevator, that is barely big enough for 4 people. Up we go, how many floors, I do not know, and while traveling, Prinzzess tells me that the building was an old hotel, but no longer. The owner of the club uses some of the rooms for private dance rooms, which seems like a great idea, if I actually bought dances...
Arriving at her room, (which is, by the way, the first time that I have EVER been invited to the dressing room), there was a ton of costumes, and makeup stuff, and well, STUFF all over. Props, clothes, and makeup. There was a tiny bathroom to the side, and the room was heated with a large electric heater, that warmed the room up in a matter of minutes (remember, it is 29 degrees F outside.).
There was a small couch, and I sat down. Being that this was the first time that I had ever been in the dressing room, I was like a fish out of water. I mean, normally when I go to a bar, I have a drink, or 3 (Editor's Note : And Sometimes, he has 5!), not sit and talk (or bother, as I thought it.) Prinzzess as she is getting ready. I asked if there was anything that I could do to help, and she said no.
Sitting there, I was kind of nervous, and we chatted about stuff that I do not even recall right now. Soon enough the fellow came back and said it was time, and we headed downstairs.
I went to the bar, got a drink, and settled in. The final house dancers before Prinzzess came out were finishing up, and then the DJ started announcing her intro. (And for the first time in a very long time, DID IT RIGHT!), then with literally a trumpet fanfare, Here She COMES....
OMG, its like the first time that I saw her in Lafayette, LA. She come out to "Headstrong", wearing the Black Pirate outfit. Yes, I can admit, she had my attention, and I was sitting on the front row of the stage, and loving life. The crowd was good, and really warmed up which warmed up Prinzzess' dancing.
Whirling and twirling, and spinning. Soon she was collecting tips and doing a little dance for the fellows.......Soon the song ended, and the "Dope Show" song came next, with no break, and with the new song, you guessed it, some garment came off. More dancing and more twirling, and more tip collecting ensued. I, yes, I, humble reader, probably got my share of little dances, and gave a tip or three.
With the advent of the third song, "P**sy Liquor" (HATE THE NAME OF THIS SONG), well, she was mostly nekid by now. We got to put lotion on, and then papered her in dollar (or larger) bills. It is so much fun to see dudes trying to touch her in places that they are not supposed to to put a dollar on it..... She sold her DVD's, as the next song "Freak On A Leash" played. Now, she is on the purple blanket, and crawling around, and well, entertaining. At the club, different than at any of the other places I have seen her, they did a fifth song, and this one was "Killing in the name of" to which Cooterball was played (think, rolled up dollar bill, and a drink glass, sitting in front of a nekid girl, and you are supposed to make the shot), and folks were winning posters, and calendars, and stuff.
With a wave, and strut, and a smile, she was off. Everyone was smiling, and I retired to the back of the club, and drank a little.
I did not realize how long this was going to take to write, so, I am going to take a break, and write more later.
I Love You All.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.
