So, as I said in the previous post, I am going to back track a little, and talk about Wednesday.
If you are looking for Prinzzess dancing stuff, move along, nothing to see here...
So, my previous experiences with flying stand-by have been a mixed bag. I have so far, been able to get out of town when I scheduled the flight, and about half of the time, have gotten stranded coming home.
I had Bubba take me into the airport, and it was a good drive, with no issues at all. Originally, the app on my smart phone said that I was suuppose to fly out of Terminal E, and then because of a mixup, got dropped off at C instead. However as soon as I got into the terminal, the board said I was flying out of C, so, it was all good.
Then when I arrived, in Pittsburgh, I got the rental car, and headed into downtown Pittsburgh. My hotel was near the convention center, smack in the middle of downtown. I picked it on purpose because it was close to Blush, the club where Prinzzess was appearing, and I wanted the option of walking to the club because it appeared to me that there could be a parking problem. Turns out I was right.
Upon getting into the rental, I texted Prinzzess and told her that I was in town, and headed for my hotel. She said that she was going to cam a bit, and then go workout. "Go Workout" I thought? Who is this girl, and what have you done with my Prinzzess? She had already told me I could not bring her a pie because she was dieting, and so, I honored her wishes, and only brought her two pieces. (I am a terrible person). (BUT EALLY, Who was that girl, and what did she do with my Prinzzess?!?)
After she did her cam thing (which as I said in a previous post, I wasn't going to write about), she invited me over to go workout. I had to laugh, because when I met her at the hotel, I handed her the pieces of pie, and then we went to workout place in her hotel.
Now, if you know anything about me, you will know that for me working out usually consists of me walking on a treadmill (walking, no running), until I am tired, and then sometimes, follow that up with a little ride on the sit down riding bicycle. (But, never more than 5 miles!), and then I go sit in the hot tub. That's it. In fact, I pay monthly for a lace here in Houston, that most of the time, I skip the bike/walk portion of the "workout", and go sit in the hot tub and/or the sauna.
Immediately, Prinzzess climbs on the stair climbing machine, and off she goes. Me, I rode the bike, because I am not going to be goaded into that stair climbing machine, just because a beautiful, thin, model tries to goad me into it. (Editor's Note : Famous Last Words) I would have bee content to just walk, but the place was full of dudes, RUNNING on the treadmill like they were trying to escape a fire.
Prinzzess had gone in ahead of me, because she signed in first so, I walked in through other dudes that were workng with the free-weights, and on the various machines. There were 7 dudes in that part of the place, and 5 where staring at Prinzzess' backside, as it traveled up and then down with every step she made. The two that weren't glanced, and then looked away. It was funny, and reminded me about the ruckus that she causes, without knowing.
So, I am on the bike, and I have programmed all the prompts, and have settled into a casual 100 RPM speed, and am watching the little orange dot travel around the quarter mile track representation that was on the little screen.
And I was reading/responding to twitter. I can multi-task!
So, time passes, and I realize that I was "one lap" from doing 5 miles on the bike. I looked over my shoulder, and did not see P. Then, I increased the RPM's from 100 to 145, and maintained that for the last lap. as soon as the screen said 5 miles, I stopped.
Looking around, I did not see her, so I went to the treadmill, an started walking. But, my body was like "blah!" I'm done. So, I kept at it for a full 2 minutes, and hit the stop button.
Looking around, I realized that she was back, and she was back on the infernal stair climbing machine. So, I decided to get on the one that was next to her, and programming it for ten minutes, started climbing. I hate stairs, it reminds me of running the bleachers in Jr. high track ("PICK UP YOUR KNEES" THE COACH WOULD SCREAM!). Ten minutes passes, and now, I am done. No matter what, I am going to stop no matter what. I am dying. I am WAAYY too old to try to keep up with a pretty model that is less than half my age. I also realized that if she wanted to keep up this "working out" thing all week, I was going to have to get a couple of shirts, because I did not pack work out clothes. I had the one set, that I always put in my bag when I travel, for just in case, but, until this trip, have never used them.
Anyway, after this, I was beat, but, I had promised my boss that I would work from home that afternoon, so that I would not get charged with a vacation day, and so, spent the next couple of hours reading backup logs, and fixing various small problems, and generally just doing busy work.
When I was done, I sent a "status update" message to my boss, and the other team members, and logged off, and surfed the web, until P texted me talking about going to a movie, and so, I got the rent car, and met her, and we went to see "The Call". It was a great thriller. The theatre was mostly empty.
The company was better. :)
Going back to her hotel, I got lost. The GPS kept taking me to the same place, and then saying I was lost, and redirecting me to the previous spot, and starting over. By the time I had done that circle 3 times, I woke Prinzzess up, and admitted that I was lost, and needed help.
My phone/GPS/Nav program are new and unproven, but, I knew that I could trust her phone/GPS/Nav, because we had used it previously. So, she got us headed in the correct direction (seems that my Nav program wanted to get off at an exit too soon, then lost its mind trying to "redirect" me.
This was not the only time that my Nav/GPS let me down this week. The jury is still out whether I can trust her.
So, I drop her off at her place, and since I had already asked if I could ride with her to the club, I parked my rental in the underground parking, and went to my room to get ready. I arrived in the lobby at the correct time, and presently, here comes Prinzzess in all her make-up, and her hair was curled, and she smelled real purty. The driver from the club approached her as I caught up with her, introductions were made. and off we went. The club is 2.5 blocks from her hotel, and so, since I am a slow typist, it actually took longer to type this sentence, than it took to get there....
More of the evening can be picked up with the "Part I" of this series.... (It should open in a new window.)
I Love You All.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.