Friday Night - Otherwise Known as Adult Beverage Night.
Admittedly, this is an "event" of my own making. But, it continues, a year later, Always on Friday, and always at my favorite place.
This one began like many others. I was a "little" early this night. I went right after 7, instead of leaving home right after 8. I thought I might get something from the buffet. Turns out, they have the chicken strips that I normally have to buy, on the free buffet. You can bet, I put my pig nose on, and killed myself eating them, and their excellent mashed potatoes.
So, I order my first drink, and then quickly behind it, the second. Why so quick. The first drink is like drinking water for me. There is no feeling change. The second drink however, I finally taste the vodka.
So, I am sitting there, and Becky comes by, and we do the "here is my debit card, and DL, please set up a tab so I can buy more drinks later" task. Becky tells me that Sunshine is in the house, but she hadn't seen Tori. I told her that I hadn't seen "SheWhoMustNotBeNamed", but, figured she was on her way, because her "Mr Friday Night" regular was there, sitting one table over, as usual. She asked me about Kendall, I told her what little bit I had gotten from her via FB that week, and then Becky asked me about Sienna. I told her that I hadn't heard from her in a long time. (Editor's Note: We had not seen her in 3 weeks, and she hadn't replied to a text from us in about the same amount of time.) I knew that she had a new boyfriend, and that he was none to happy that I was friends with her, every since I sent the Edible Arrangement basket earlier in the month. I also told her that it had been 3 weeks since I had seen her in Splendor. I figured she might be going somewhere else.....I told Becky that I was missing my friend Sienna.
Becky nods, and moves off to help the others get their drink on.....
I presently ordered another drink......Sunshine came by, and sat with me for a few minutes, and I bought her a drink. Then, her regular was there, and she was off. I would not see her again that night. Suddenly, THERE WAS SIENNA! Standing in front of me, in street clothes. She was just getting there. We exchanged pleasantries, and looking around, she asked me if I had seen "SheWhoMustNotBeNamed", I told her no, but her regular was right next to us at the next table, so I figured she was coming....Sienna said that she had tried to call her, but, she hadn't heard from her. (Editor's Note: It was during this conversation that we found out that she had to change her number because of us sending text messages, well, not just me, but, other customers, and people she knew from dancing, and that her boyfriend was unhappy about it. I think that is now 2 girls that have changed their number so that I couldn't text them anymore. Perhaps we are "bad".)
Then she said she had to go get ready, and she'd be back. I sat there quietly for a few minutes, just reading twitter, and playing words with friends. Pretty soon, Sienna is back, and its like old times again (or as I put in FB, like Forrest Gump said, it was like Peas and Carrots. (I dare you not to say that using his accent!). We talked about school, and the kids, and the new boyfriend. While this happened, "SheWhoMustNotBeNamed" appeared, and spoke to Sienna for a few seconds, and then moved to her regular Friday night guy. (Editor's Note: For the first time in months, our heart did not skip a beat when she came over, and though we didn't speak, she also did not give me that "mad/disgusted" look that we have become so familiar with either!) Sienna also did her first dance on the main stage that night, and I tipped her on stage, as is my normal custom. Sienna came back to the table and she had a couple of her drinks, Tequila, Rum, and Pineapple Juice.
In the course of the conversation that followed, she had four. In probably forty-five minutes to an hour. I noticed, two things about the same time. First, she was spending way more time hanging out with me than she normally did, and that "wow, was that the fourth drink". Then, I noticed that she was a little hammered. Hmm, I think to myself, she is going to have a tough evening getting dances, if she is hammered.
At some point, I think during the part of the conversation where we were talking about how much school she had left, and when she would complete her degree, she expressed to me, like Sunshine, Tori, and Dynasty earlier in the week had, that she REALLY wanted to stop dancing. I think her boyfriend also wanted her to quit. As I have said before. He is very jealous. Also, she hates it (dancing). Oh, don't get me wrong. The girl is good at it, and makes money at it, but, just because you are good at a job doesn't mean you like the work. Been There, Done That.
So, about the time she finished the fourth drink, she is kind of hunched over in her chair, mumbling, and talking, laughing, and whatever.
By now, I had already had my fifth drink, and since I was on the bike, had decided that I was not drinking anymore, and would be leaving around 11:30 or so. (Editor's Note: Or, about 3 hours from then!). I finally asked her why she had drank so much, so quickly, and she responded, with her face down, "I can't do this job sober."
It stopped me. I often joke about things like that. Certainly about relaxing and being able to talk to people at the club, because otherwise I am too shy and too uptight to be able to relax in a large open space like that with people in close proximity to me, and each other....
Soon, she said, "I think I am going to go throw up". I asked a friend of her's that had joined us at some point, if she wouldn't mind walking back there with her, since she was a little impaired. The friend agreed, and off they went. I figured they would be gone 10 minutes, so, I ordered my last drink. I was sipping it, talking to Becky, when I saw Sienna coming right back. in less that 5 minutes. Shoot, most of the time, a girl can't go pee and be back in less than 5 minutes! When she sat down the friend left, and I asked Sienna if she was okay, and she said she was. Then I asked if she had thrown up, and she she "yup". OKAY.
So, now she has maneuvered her chair over next time to mine in such a way, that she was sitting with her head was on my should/upper arm. She was mostly dozing, but, we were sort of talking about stuff. it was during this time that she started talking about a paper that she had written about a mineral called Gearksutite (Editor's Note: The spelling warning says that is not a word, but we assure you that it is!) It is pronounced like GEAR-KA-SITE, (We Think!). She talked to me for nearly 15 minutes about this mineral, where it is found, and what it's chemical composition was. She knew the subject well, because even hammered, she was like a human version of wikipedia. Which is a great compliment. Now, I may not look like it, but, I am a big ol' science nerd, and this was cool. (Editor's Note: We sent her an email on Monday, asking for a copy of the paper, and she sent it to us. We have to admit, there were parts where We had to Google some words, and wiki some topics (Refracitity? Is that a thing?), but we were able to keep up, and in the end, thought the paper was good.)
But, towards the end she kind of fizzled out, and started looking around. The friend that I had asked to help her to the bathroom a while earlier was dancing on the number two stage, which is right near where we were sitting, and Sienna asks me if I have a couple of dollars so that she can tip her on stage. I was out of ones, because I had given all the ones that I had to her (Sienna) when she danced earlier. I told her that all I had left was a twenty dollar bill, and that I was saving it for when "SheWhoMustNotBeNamed" dances. Sienna SNATCHES the bill out of my hand and says NO. Then, says it again, "NO" a little louder. I said, well she is getting ready to dance, I had just heard her name, and it is the only time that I really can "speak" to her, even though the the truth is, If I speak, she doesn't respond back. Sienna says no, I won't let you tip her. She doesn't deserve it. I was like "really?", and she said no. Then she said something that I swear sounded like "you deserve better". That stopped me. I told Sienna to go get it broken into ones, and have fun.
Then, I sat and watched while Sienna tipped her friend, and talked and laughed, and looked like she was having fun. Meanwhile, I sat and contemplated what she had said to me about "SheWhoMustNotBeNamed". I have to say, it kind of blew my mind a bit. Still a little shocking remembering her saying that, nearly a week later.
Will allow that to roll around in the "think about it" room for a while.
Soon. Sienna is back, and the little bit of activity has done her in, and she basically leans on my shoulder, and passes out. I am sure that looking at me, it appeared that he had her head in my lap. I was kind of trapped, but, at the same time, I knew that she was trusting me, and so I just sat there. Soon, a manager, indicated to Becky that we needed to get her off the main floor.
I had offered to drive her home, but, she was like, No, I need to make money. Plus, her guy was at her house, and it would be awkward for me to drive up in her car.
So, I did the next best thing. I moved her into a dark corner, reserved for the girls giving "table" dances. Becky helped me move, and I carried Sienna to the chair, where we would sit for the next 1.5, maybe 2 hours. As soon as we got into the darker part of the room, she was really out. No talking, mumbling, nothing. she just slept. I sat there, holding her up, but, of course, it probably still looked like she had her head in my lap! (Editor's Note: We kept thinking that it had been a long time since any girl had trusted us enough to relax like that.)
Finally she started to stir, and I had ordered some chicken strips, and fries, and she scarfed those down, and drank about 3 glasses of water, all while we were talking about the rest of her night, and whether "SheWhoMustNotBeNamed" was still there, and some other stuff. Then she heard her name from the DJ, stating that she would be dancing soon. I warned her that she might need to go and run a brush through her hair, and she sort of woke up, and was like (after flipping her hair back and forth a couple of times) "Hell No. This shit is hot!" (Editor's Note: We have to admit it was. It had kind of a "just had sex" look....) Then Mr Dj makes that call, and Sienna jumps up, and a little unsteadily, makes her way to the stage.
Instead of walking in the back, and then coming through the door at the back of the stage, or walking up the little stairs on the left side, she just walks up, puts her head down, and does a somersault onto the stage. Did we mention that was wearing the cutest little "maid's outfit", with a black bra with white fringe, White, Satin panties, and a little sheer lace "skirt"? I don't think so.....
With the aforementioned hair, she was a sight to behold.... And not since the last time I saw Prinzzess feature dance, have I seen anyone dance with the abandon that she had at that moment. Whirling and spinning, and smiling. She was all about her at those moments. THEN, you guessed it, the fellows in the club noticed. There were 4-6 people there the entire time she danced. It was great to see.
She looked beautiful. She exuded sexuality, and confidence, that was impossible to miss. Frankly, she "glowed" from the inside. Somehow I knew that she was going to be alright.
Soon enough, she was done, and I had already told her I was worried that she was too drunk to drive, and that I would take her home later. After the dance, she came by the table, and thanked me, again, for watching out for her, and then said she really needed to work. She asked me if I was going to stay, and I told her that I would to make sure that she could drive home. I still think she was too drunk at that point.
She then moved on, and other than a brief glimpse, from time to time, as she walked folks for their dance, we didn't speak the rest of the night. I think it was bout 2.5 hours later before last call. As she was going to the dressing room, she stopped by, and asked if I was waiting, and I said yes.
About 30 minutes later, here she comes, in her regular clothes, and her hair was brushed, and she assured me that she was okay. I asked her to email me when she go home, because I was a little worried still, then I hugged her, and then Becky, and off I went.
I arrived home and 15 minutes later, got the email from her. She was home, and all was well.
I wanted to write this, because, as always, I didn't want to forget. It was a great night. I am glad that Sienna is a friend, and that for a little while she trusted me to take care of her.
Namaste, My Friends.
I Love You All.
See You On The Other Side. First two rounds are free. Look for me, I'll have a sign, right past the Gate.