Normally, when I write it, it is to remind me later when a memory fades, or I forget the punch line to the cosmic joke that seems to be my life.
A few times, I have been impressed enough with my own writing that I invited others to read it. This usually involved something I did on She. And a few times, I allowed others to read what I wrote about my trips to various clubs around the country to see "My Friend That Dances".
Usually, if I write about someone that is named, I send them the link to that posting so that they can see what was being said, and respond if they felt the need to.
What I never really expected from anyone else reading my blog was any kind of kind words or accolades, and yet, recently I have begun to experience just that.
I always tell people that writing is something that I cannot help. It just kind of oozes out. Other times, I feel like I am compelled to write. It doesn't seem to matter which motivates me, I see to get the same kind of response from people.
And, I have to say that I am having a hard time keeping my "head" in check. I really understand, especially after the last few comments from folks what it means to get a "big head". I have it, IN SPADES!
The Bible calls this PRIDE. I am aware that it is considered one of the seven deadly sins. I am trying to remain humble, and say thanks when nice things are said.
My writing, more often than not, is unstructured. What I mean by that is that I just sit here with the Barbie Laptop, and start typing, and amazingly the words flow. I do not even have a subject more often than not. A professional writer, I am not.
But, you have to wonder if the Tom Clancy's of the world get a secret thrill when they walk by a bookstore and see their words, bound in a cover, waiting for someone to buy it. Do they like to overhear others talk about the stuff they wrote? Or, is it just about the process of creating that work that they are interested in, and so by the time they see it in print, they have already moved on mentally to the next work?
I know there are a few that read here, and that is thrilling for me.
I hope to be able to continue to entertain you, and not just about my recounts of the various salacious things that I find myself doing. I will attempt to bring interesting things here to this page.
But you should know, this is mostly a diary for me, and writing stories, while they sometimes come out of this process, are not the norm. As I advise everyone that I see following me on Twitter, "I Hope I Don't Bore You too Much!"
But, gentle reader, know this, I am going to continue to write about whatever hits my mind, and interests me at that moment in time. And, As an adult ADD sufferer, I can tell you that the subject matter picker that lives in my head is all over the place.
I am not going to turn on comments here, because, I do not want to excessively feed the Beast that is called Pride. But, I invite you comments to the email address that is cleverly "hidden" in the header at the top of the page. I am also on twitter, but, I imagine that you already know that address.
Thanks for all the kind words. And thanks for the patience you show when whatever crap bursts out of my brain, is just that. I am sometimes not brilliant, not upbeat, and sometimes, pessimistic, and foreboding, and other times, unfortunately I talk about dying, and how I would love to get that last chapter over in my life. And other times, I spit something like this out. (Only the best thing that I think I have written here!). And then, there is the first time I met Prinzzess Felicity Jade in person, and began to journey to make a new friend. This post is also significant, because I realized 2 months after this event that this was a turning point in my life, and when I decided that I was going to live day by day from now on. I do not know how long that might be, but, I am not guaranteed tomorrow, so, today, we live.
Peace to You All.
Namaste, My Friends.
See You On The Other Side.